Originally uploaded by frenchpants.
Photo credit to Frenchpants.
Hope everyone has an fun, spooky Halloween. :D
Here's yet another zombie painting of mine, "freedom". I wasn't overly fond of this one when finished it,but the more i look at it, the more i like it... She's got pretty eyes. :)
Anyway some bloggety quiz to tell all my nonexistent readers a bit about myself. :) found on Sara with an H's blog....
1. first name? for blogging purposes - Magpie
2. were you named after anyone? No, my parents liked that my name was uncommon and then about 6 mo. after I was born it became more popular. figures huh? :)
3. when did you last cry? I cried a little on Sunday, I was moving and quite stressed out. My last big cry fest? I don't remember...
4. do you like your handwriting? Sometimes, but mostly it's kinda sloppy. I don't have one particular way of holding a writing utensil and it makes my handwriting a smidge unpredictable.
5. what is your favorite lunch meat? Hmm.. probably mesquite turkey
6. if you were another person would you be friends with you? I hope so. I guess if I were another person who liked the same things I'd probably think I was the bomb. haha!
7. do you have a journal? Of sorts... I find myself only writing in it when I'm grumpy or P.O.'d so I try to make it a Gratitude Journal and only write things that are going good for me.
8. do you still have your tonsils? Nope, removed when I was 6, I believe. I got all sorts of presents and got to eat a lot of ice cream. Not too bad of a deal....
9. would you bungee jump? Maybe, if it was free... I can't really see paying to do it, but I'd do it for free. Maybe. I'd rather go paragliding again, I've done that before and it was a hoot!
10. what is your favorite cereal? Well, that'd be Lucky Charms I do believe. But I never get them cuz I try to avoid all that sugar. **sigh**
11. do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
12. do you think you are strong? I used to be stronger, I don't work out or exercise as much as I used to. I need to start mt biking more. I lived near the mountains for a while and I mountain biked a lot in the summer and snowboarded in the winter. I was pretty tough then. :)
13. what is your favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky Road, with almonds, not peanuts...
14. shoe size? Size 8 usually
5. red or pink? Both! I used to hate pink cuz I thought it was too girly, but I love it now.
16. what is the least favorite thing about yourself? My moodiness and lack of patience. Sometimes my voice.
17. who do you miss the most? I have some friends who are far away, doing cool things. I miss them. And I miss my family, we're spread all over and don't get together like we used to.
18. do you want everyone to send this back to you? I guess, or just post it on their blogs..
19. what color pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Gray pants, black shirt, black shoes, pretty exciting outfit today!!
20. last thing you ate? A mini Heath bar.... doggone Halloween candy
21. what are you listening to right now? Toots and the Maytals - Never Grow Old
22. if you were a crayon, what color would you be? Today I'd be Cornflower Blue
23. favorite smell? Hmm... peppermint, lavendar, chlorine of a pool on a warm summer day, fresh sheets...
24. who was the last person you talked to on the phone? C, my boyfriend
25. the first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? I think eyes possibly...
26. do you like the person you stole this from? This was my first time reading her blog, so I don't know yet!
27. favorite drink? Hmm... chocolate milk, red wine, J&C, grape soda, raspberry lemonade
28. favorite sport? Mountain biking, snowboarding. Although I've argued with people over whether those are sports or not. I say yes, they say it has to have a ball and rules to be a sport. Pfft!
29. eye color? Green or blue
30. hat size? Good question
31. do you wear contacts? Yes
32. favorite food? Thai, Chinese, BBQ, Indian, Mexican, pizza... I like it all!!
33. scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
35. summer or winter? Summer and winter if I get to go snowboarding. :)
36. hugs or kisses? Both! I refuse to chose!
37. favorite dessert? Hmm... maybe tiramisu, but I like other things too...
38. who is most likely to respond? Dunno
39. least likely to respond? Dunno
40. what books are you reading? Nothing at the moment. I'm trying to stay sane with moving...
41. what's on your mouse pad? Plain ol' blue
42. what did you watch last night on tv? No tv, C and I went to Knuckleheads and saw the RumbleJetts and Cash O'Reilly
43. favorite sounds? hmm.. music I guess and C's voice...
44. the rolling stones or beatles? hmm... Rolling Stones
45. the furthest you've been from home? Czech Republic - I traveled in Europe for a month and that's the farthest point we reached. Interesting area....
46. what's your special talent? Well, I paint, I don't know if that's a "special talent", but there it is. Oh and I can make great faces (so people tell me, i can't seem to recreate the mood and do it in a mirror).
47. where were you born? Colorado
48. who sent this to you? saw it on a blog
49. Favorite animal? Monkeys, meerkats
50. Favorite bird? Owl
Have you ever seen such fiends? These guys love the candy corns. Just CAN'T get enough of them!!
C and I saw the Hacienda Bros. this past weekend (plus the SnotRockets, who were also great!). The Hacienda Bros. showed up in an old van that had the extension on the top, which makes it taller and also angles the top in.
The van was painted white on the top, orange in the middle AND!!! white on the bottom. :( But at first my candy corned brain thought the bottom was yellow. Ha! I was SO excited. I did recommend to one of the Hacienda Bros. that they paint the bottom yellow, cuz then it'd be really cool. :D
Happy Wednesday, 4 more days 'til Halloween.
Halloween is drawing near! I wish I had some fun plans, but with moving out of my apartment, I'm too tired to worry about it. **SigH** :) I do love Halloween though, all the funny, interesting and just plain weird costumes!
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? One of my nephews is going to be a lion. I haven't heard what the baby nephew is going to be yet... :) My cousin's daughter is a chili pepper. TOO CUTE!
Brrr, it's been chilly and rainy yesterday and today. I thought I was ready for fall, but maybe I'm not. :)
Hope you all have your warm woollies ready!! I need to bust out my scarf collection. brrrr...
People seem really crabby today. I know I feel cranky, but I don't think I've taken it out on anyone. Not so with the people I've been dealing with. **sigh**
So I thought I'd post this zombie girl, Stormy Petra and her bear... Enjoy!
Ahh, Indian Summer days... I'm ready for cooler weather, but I'm not really ready for winter. This frog makes me feel all warm and summery, outside drinking his iced tea, chillin'...
Here is a painting I did for the art fest. I think she turned out lovely. :)
Delaney had a quiet night tending her sheep... However most nights are quiet when you're undead. Dunh dunh da... (spooky right? haha!)