Colorado - ahhhhhhhhh....

Friday, March 16, 2007

Vail Pass, CO 1/15-1/17
Originally uploaded by

C, J and I went to Colorado for some outdoor sports. Good times!!

We left our house Wednesday at midnight and arrived in Colo. at about 9. Stopped for breakfast at a cute little cafe in Georgetown with friendly owners and good food. Headed to Loveland and commenced snowboarding. The conditions were rough - cold, snowing and really windy. But you just gotta love snowboarding. My gator kept freezing up so I would stop and warm up now and then.

Then we went to the Wildernest office to get keys to our condo (Timber Ridge-clear at the top of the hill!!). Cute place, but fireplace didn't work and had a BAD DRAFT. It was 60 degrees in there the whole time. Maintenance never came. Yeesh.

But the hot tub was loooooooooooooooovely (and the clubhouse was right across from our condo).

Bright and early Friday morning we headed to Breck for more snowboarding. It was a great day, we spent a lot of it on Peak 7. Love those rollers, but getting over there is a pain. I always end up walking. :)

C arranged snowmobiles for us to rent Sat. from quite a character. A guy from Louisiana. First he told C he had nothing to rent him, but he kept calling him back into his shop to look at snowmobiles and then rented him two 700cc and on 550cc__________2007. Crazy powerful, the 700cc has 147 horsepower!! That's more than my car probably. haha!

We had dinner at Murphy's there in Dillon. Crashed.

Saturday we went to Loveland Pass for some backcountry action. It was really cold on the side where everyone else was going, so we went back to the other side and hit it. Good times. I need to learn how to board better in deep pow.

Then off to Vail Pass for some snowmobiling. It was a beautiful sunny day and we took off and just tore all around. I went up a big hill and then cresting it, saw no ground under me. I kept going, kept going, no ground, no ground. "AH AH AHHHHHHHHHH!" J and C said I yelled so loud they heard me over their engines. Fortunately the sled handled the drop (virtually straight down) and on we went. :D

We went up and down some crazy stuff. I enjoyed it, but didn't go nearly as fast as the guys did....
Saturday night we met M and S at Wild Bill's Pizza for some food, beer and tunes. Good times as always. :) The band started playing with the lead singer wearing shoes, then suddenly he was just wearing socks and then he had no socks on! I don't know how he managed all this so discreetly. The shoes, sure, but the socks?? We decided we should go before he took his pants off without getting up from his chair. haha! I'm JOKING!! I'm pretty sure that's impossible. ha!

GOOD TIMES..... @--/------------------

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Wildernest to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you, and Happy Holidays!