Juicing Journey

Monday, March 4, 2013

so far...

I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead last summer and thought vaguely about juicing. Then I recently watched Hungry for Change and it convinced me to try it. I'd been having a lot of cravings and nothing sounded or really tasted good, so when someone in Hungry for Change said we are starving on a cellular level when eating poor diets, it resonated with me. My hopes are that juicing will improve my energy levels and memory and perhaps help me (and therefore my family!) to eat better overall.

I'm using Drew Canole's book "Juicing Recipes." All have been good with a good, but distinctly veg taste, (I've added apples to all to sweeten a bit). We'll see if it really helps. I seem to be snacking less and eating better.

Day 1 Thursday got my juicer in the afternoon, and made pineapple juice (Drew's Aches, Pains, Sinus Drains recipe) - Kids loved it. Not sure it offered any sinus relief, since my sinus junk comes and goes.
Day 2 Friday made Drew Canole's Brain Juice recipe. Offered Peep some and she asked what kind it was, made the mistake of telling her. Brain juice, ewwww, I don't want brain juice! I explained it doesn't have brains in it, it's for your brain. ha!
Day 3 Parsley Pickup
Day 4 Pineapple for kids. Green Juice Energizer for me and Hubs. Then My Memory Oh My.
Day 5 San Francisco Fog Basher, Heaven Sent

No comments :