Happy New Year!
I hope 2014 is full of happiness, health and success (even if it's just little ones) for all of you!
Word for the year - Intentional inˈtenCHənl/ adjective 1. done on purpose; deliberate.
For 2014, I want to be more deliberate in all I do. More intentional with my words, actions, time, purchases.
I want to attend Kansas or Missouri SCWBI Conference.
Study more craft books with Word by Worders, read more here, join here.
Attend a writing retreat or conference farther afield.
Write, revise, polish, SUBMIT! :)
Peep will be going to kindergarten in the fall. ACK! I'm not ready.
Speed will be going to preschool in the fall. Double ACK! My baby!!
Juice, eat healthier, exercise more. 5k with Tamara in the spring.
Continue to shed old junk, be intentional with any new purchases, keep it simple. :)
I like Alayne's idea of celebrating the new year by looking over accomplishments from the previous year! Check out her post here, JUST SAY NO TO NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS WITH THIRTY-ONE JUST FOR FUN. I didn't end up with 31, but here are mine. :D
In January of 2013, I was feeling blah and looking for a challenge. So I
decided to seriously pursue writing picture books. Pursuing my dream,
made for a fun and busy year. I went whole hog into the journey.
1. Made a lot of WONDERFUL writing friends. THIS made 2014 for me! Thank you friends, you are amazing, supportive and fun. You make this picture book writing journey the wonderful thing it is!
2. Joined SCBWI,
3. Joined Julie Hedlund's 12x12 - I wrote 24 rough drafts this year!
4. Took Mira Reisburg's class The Craft and Business of Picture Book Writing
5. Took Susanna Leonard Hill's class Making Picture Book Magic
6. Rocked Paula Yoo's NaPiBoWriWee Challenge - 7 rough drafts in 7 days, won a t-shirt too!
7. Created the revision challenge, ReviMo - Revise More Picture Books, Jan 12-18th, 2014
8. Attended a Highlights Foundation Workshop - The Power of a Picture Book - amazing experience
9. Attended the Kansas SCBWI Fall Conference, great speakers and critique from Andrea Welch.
10. Rocked Tara Lazar's PiBoIdMo - Tallied up 38 picture book ideas!
11. Joined critique groups! I'm in two wonderful groups, such a help to my writing.
12. Had a critique with Simone Kaplan, what an eye opener to the flaws in my story.
13. Started Word by Word to study Ann Whitford Paul's Writing Picture Books read more here, join here.
14. Submitted some stories, got some rejections, stepping stones to success!
15. Took a Writer's Digest Webinar with Danielle Smith, great feedback in her critique.
16. Joined several different online writing groups.
17. Peep (4 1/2) and Speed (2 1/2) are growing up so fast. They say the funniest things.
Peep loves Pre-K, she's such a social butterfly. Speed is his own funny little person, with a bit of an attitude!
18. Ran the Electric Run 5K with Tamara. I've not been jogging like I was, but I'm going to get back at it. I feel so strong and awesome when I'm exercising.
19.Watched Hungry for Change and started juicing.
20. I had a revelation about simplifying in Sept. We've gotten rid of so much stuff, donating what we could, trashing the rest. It feels amazing to have less stuff. We have more to do in 2014!
21. We found a church we like and have been attending Sunday school in a great group. What a blessing.
22. A good friend invited me to study Priscilla Shirer's Gideon with her and some friends. I love the study and the group, they're a great bunch of ladies. More friends! :D
23. A friend invited people to join her studying the bible through a Good Morning Girls Thanksgiving Study. Loved it. I've since done the Advent study and will do their next study, Intentionally Focused.