Fractious Friday

Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Friday all!

Lately I've been anxious, grumpy and short tempered. I'm at a fork in the road where I have some big choices to make and I don't have the foggiest what to do. I worry that certain changes won't be positive or will even be setbacks. If it paid to worry, why, I'd be a MILLIONAIRE.

I've been reading featured artist profiles on Etsy and they all seem to say that they are always creating, drawing or making art. I'm on the other hand am always thinking. But the kind of thinking where you make plans and figure stuff out, more just thinking about the many ways I could fail and not achieve diddly. THAT'S productive, REALLY productive.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Meg, hang in there! Be easy on yourself. I don't know what your crossroads is, but go with your gut and ignore the fear. And like Big (uncle) Al always says: 'wherever you go, there you are'!

bella said...

Hang in there and don't let doubt crowd out the talent that I know you have. Everyone has a bout of insecurity now and then, wondering if they'll make it. Remember that change can be good and is a great catalyst for change. Making your big decisions might kick start some of that artistic you keep thinking of and be the turning point in a direction you never expected.

Lauren said...

you know, it's actually great what you just wrote- I have that feeling sometimes too, that I just worry about how to do things, when I should just be doing them...you don't know if you never try...I'm trying to get the guts to write/illustrate a children's book myself...good luck with yours!! I'm motivated now :) :)