Lake...

Sunday, August 24, 2008


C and I spent the week at the little cabin on the lake.  It was so lovely to get away from it all, unplug for the week.  We ate extremely healthy (Pizza King, Pizza King, root beer, Pizza King), biked quite a bit, paddle boated, swam, read.  *sigh**** It was lovely...  


The Pooch snoozes in the back seat...


...until you look at him.  He has NO sense of personal space and he's quite the cuddler.  I was sitting on the front porch lookin' at the lake and he came and sat down beside me and scooted sideways to get flush with my side.  :)    

Hubs's mom and I went to Amish country - Shipshewana one day.  The town is so neat to see, a weird mix of old timey and current, with the Amish horse and buggies on the same road as cars and trucks.  They have an enormous flea market.  I was hoping for old junk and a lot of it was new junk.  

I'm looking for necessary items, such as a cake plate.  Do I make cake?  Rarely, but I really think I would if I had a cool cake plate.  No, seriously, I would.  From scratch too, scout's honor. ;)

2 comments :

Moody Girl said...

Welcome back to the real world. Max is TOO CUTE! Look at that face!

bella said...

Funny that you say that- I just bought a cake plate! I found it secondhand, of course, but it's simple enough to meet my standards.