Blackbird

Monday, April 2, 2007

















 

Red-winged Blackbird.

I saw one of these beauties on my way to work today. I turned a corner and there he sat on a bush, pretty as you please. You just gotta love spring.

The weekend was fun, but flew by as usual. Friday night we went go-cart racing with a bunch of peeps. CRAZY! These little carts can go up to 40 or so mph. Doesn't sound too fast, but when you are very low on the ground zipping around a track, it feels pretty darn fast! I averaged 31 mph. Hubs and J* averaged 39 mph! They passed me a few times. I tried to keep up with them once after they passed, but just couldn't do it.

Saturday morning I took my mtn bike to the shop. The gears are slipping and no one can seem to adjust it right. Hopefully I'll get it back and it'll be good to go for the summer. Last summer a friend replaced my cables, chain, rear derailluer and rear cassette...

K brought his Jeep over and Hubs and J helped him replace the brakes. J started cutting and welding to make the cab of his dune buggy taller so he doesn't hit his head on the roll bar. D Jr. spent some time regaling me with Ninja Turtles tales, while I dug some in my new garden plot and pulled weeds (or wild onions?) out of the bed behind the house.. He's a hoot that kid. :)

Saturday night Hubs and I watched From Beijing with Love a Stephen Chow parody of the James Bond movies. It was pretty funny, at least partly because it was translated so badly. At times I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about. Favorite line: "Chai, it's a sh*t".

Sunday I dug more in my garden (YEESH! It's full of root-bound grass and tough to dig. I can only dig a few feet wide swath at a time.) and planted some peas. Hubs worked on the orange truck, fixed the blinker, etc. He's so good at working on cars. He says it's been a lot of trial and error, whatever, he's good.

We took a picnic lunch to Smithville Lake and went for a ride. We stopped a ways along at a shelter and ate. It was so windy that it was cold, whereas on the trail it was pretty warm. Ahhh spring. Pooch ran his little heart out and was dragging at the end of the ride. You could tell he was hot because he ran out into the lake a couple times and laid down in one mud puddle. haha! He loves to go out there, you can tell by the way he sprints around.

We got back, took a nap and then went back to work. Hubs fixed the rear axle on his truck and I planted Forget Me Nots beside the front porch. I hope they come up, it should be pretty.

And that my friends, is our busy busy weekend... I'm worn out today and my shoulders hurt from cart racing and digging. :)

No comments :